We keep growing! North End Animal Hospital is welcoming a Registered Veterinary Technician (RVT) to join our team of skilled veterinary professionals.
While our network is large, we still offer that local community feeling, mentorship, and additional training!
- Have completed a Veterinary Technician or Animal Health Technician program.
- New graduates with knowledge of physical examinations, patient assessment, catheter placement, anesthesia monitoring, radiology, venipuncture, and pharmacy – welcome to apply! We love growing new graduates!
- Surgical preparation, assisting and patient recovery
- Ability to keep detailed and accurate patient records
- Compassionate care for our hospitalized patients and their pet parents
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to problem-solve or the ability to ask clarifying questions to help you find solutions
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in working with your colleagues and pet parents
- Passion to learn more within the role
- A love for all companion animals!!
Preparing to write your VTNE? We can help!
About us! North End Animal Hospital is quickly growing in our brand-new bright and modern location in the North End of Halifax. Our commitment is to provide the best of both client and associate experience. Our clinic team is an active member of the community and we work as partners with our clients to provide the best quality care for their pets. At North End Animal Hospital, we offer a full range of medical, surgical and dental services as well as any products, food or supplies needed for pets. We take pride in practicing high-quality medicine and have a complete complement of in-house diagnostic equipment including; laboratory tools, as well as digital radiology, dental radiology, ultrasound, and extensive monitoring equipment.
What We Offer:
Join our team and you will make a huge difference in the lives of pets and their families! With an extensive network of hospitals across Canada, each location offers a diverse experience, a local community feel, and a caring culture you can thrive in: We have the right fit for you!
- RRSP Employer Group Match Program! Saving for your future just got easier with VCA Canada
- Paid membership and dues
- Paid wellness days
- Paid sick days
- Paid vacation time
- Employee assistance program
- Continuing education benefits; paid to learn!
- Exceptional career development: there is room to grow here!
- Referral Bonus Rewards!
- E-tools to assist with meditation, better sleep, exercise, and focus
- Virtual health care (telemedicine) offering quick access to quality care
- A caring culture of Wellness and Appreciation!
- Access to amazing mini-courses
- Opportunities to give back to your community through VCA initiatives
- Annual uniform allowance
- Generous personal pet care discounts
- And extra perks like shopping discounts and cool wellness apps!