North End Animal Hospital is currently looking for an engaging full-time Veterinary Assistant/Client Care Specialist to join our team!
North End Animal Hospital is quickly growing in our brand-new bright and modern location in the North End of Halifax. Our commitment is to provide the best of both client and associate experience. Our clinic team is an active member of the community and we work as partners with our clients to provide the best quality care for their pets. At North End Animal Hospital, we offer a full range of medical, surgical and dental services as well as any products, food or supplies needed for pets. We take pride in o practicing high-quality medicine and have a complete complement of in-house diagnostic equipment including; laboratory tools, as well as digital radiology, dental radiology, ultrasound, and extensive monitoring equipment.
Having a great collaborative team-medicine approach is essential to our clinic. With a full support team, we strive to provide flexibility and resources to enrich our work-life harmony; enjoy fun activities both inside and outside our hospital; welcoming open communication and feedback for continued growth and improvements collectively. Come for a tour, we are waiting to meet you!
Why we need you:
This is an exceptional opportunity for an organized, motivated, and empathetic individual to join us in a very important support role for the entire hospital. In this role, you will help our clients and their pets feel welcomed and appreciated!
- Excellent customer service skills; a real aptitude for putting people at ease and creating a welcoming environment
- Ability to answer a multiline phone system and track and book, and follow up with appointments effectively
- Respond to and manage email correspondence; clients, referring veterinarians & internal office messages
- Admitting and discharging pet patients; Scheduling appointments
- Invoicing/billing; creating estimates, obtaining pet owner confirmation and processing payments
- General housekeeping duties; cleanliness of reception area, pet holding areas and common areas
- Willingness to learn more regarding; veterinary services; updated medical office procedures; and assisting the Veterinary staff with various tasks and treatments
What VCA Canada Offers
Join our team and you will make a huge difference in the lives of pets and their families! With an extensive network of hospitals across Canada, each location offers a diverse experience, a local community feel, and a caring culture you can thrive in: We have the right fit for you!
- RRSP Employer 5% Group Match Program! Saving for your future just got easier!
- A caring culture of Wellness and Appreciation!
- Competitive wages and benefits!
- Annual uniform allowance
- Exceptional career development: there is room to grow here!
- Employee Assistance Program
- Referral Bonus Rewards
- Opportunities to give back to your community through VCA initiatives
- Generous personal pet care discounts
- And extra perks like shopping discounts and cool wellness apps
Please apply to Cynthia Todd, Hospital Manager, at email@example.com.
VCA Canada is committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. If you require any assistance, please let us know.